In order to help give guidance to translators of my extensions, here are a few general tips.
- Extension Name: Although written in English, I would prefer if the extension's name remain unchanged in translations where practical.
- String Spacing: The strings are spaced in the source translation file as they will be when used throughout the extensions. Keep this in mind when translating files so that words are not incorrectly run together
- Content Meaning: Please try to keep the meaning of the translated string as close to the original string as possible. If something is not clear in English, it will be difficult to make it clear in another language.
- When in doubt, ask or install: Not every translator has the time to install every extension they translate, but in my opinion, this provides the best context for translating strings as they will see the context in which the string is used. If something isn't clear to you, feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to explain it or change the string to something clearer
- Take Credit: I've recently added a "Translated by" string to my language files. Although not in use by the extensions, this information will be used to provide proper credit to all who translate my extensions.