Podcast Manager 1.8.1 has been released today and is now available for download. This release contains numerous enhancements and bug fixes.
Changes since 1.8.0
Podcast Manager 1.8.1 works on improving the overall user experience by adding user requested features and fixing several small bugs throughout the system. A partial change list includes:
- Bug Fixes
- Add missing fields to front end feed edit
- Use the feed language for the iTunes language declaration if set, fall back to site language
- Fix count method on feeds model
- Display the batch process form in overrides
- Fix for K2 2.5 Items when adding a podcast as the last line of text in an item with no fulltext
- The feed listing module displayed all items regardless of publish date
- New Features
- Remove category field from podcast (unused in feeds)
- Add <itunes:new-feed-url> definition
- Add JLog logging to the content plugin and RSS feed
- Add search filter for front end feed view
- Allow minimum stability to be user defined
- Update SoundManager2 to V2.97a.20110918
Supports only Joomla! 1.7
This release of Podcast Manager is only available for Joomla! 1.7 based sites. Earlier versions of Joomla! are not supported.
Upgrade from Previous Releases
Users of all previous Podcast Manager releases will be able to upgrade their pre-existing installation without having to delete the existing version or their media files. Joomla! 1.6 users will not see the 1.8.1 update without first updating to Joomla! 1.7 (please review the "Upgrade 1.6.5 to 1.7" tutorial on the Joomla! Documentation site for information on this).
Need Additional Support?
Documentation about Podcast Manager is available on this site in the Podcast Manager section. This area includes information about the suite, a description of the various configuration options, a method to subscribe for e-mail updates, and tutorials on various functions. If you don't see something here that you think would be beneficial for all users, feel free to Contact Me with your suggestion.
Development has begun on Podcast Manager 2.0 which will add several new features. Already complete is full ACL integration and the ability to create a plugin to modify the default media directory path on a per-user basis. Additional planned features are a new media player to replace the existing Flash based player to support both audio and video, a proper component router to enable SEF routing from the component, and migration of code to use new Joomla! API methods, replacing deprecated methods which will soon be deleted.
Support the Project
You can contribute to the project by visiting the space on GitHub at https://github.com/BabDev/Podcast-Manager and report bugs, provide patches for known issues, suggest new improvements, or download a working copy of the Git repository. As well, translations are being accepted for Podcast Manager. As part of the Open Translators initiative, Podcast Manager is listed on Transifex to accept community translations.
Download the newest posted release from the Latest Releases listing. Don't see this specific release listed? Check the Archived Releases listing for all of the installation packages that are available.