Podcast Manager 2.0 Alpha has been released today and is now available for download. This is an ALPHA release package previewing the forthcoming 2.0 release of Podcast Manager. Given it's ALPHA level status, this package is NOT recommended for use on production sites. Additionally, this release ONLY supports Joomla! 2.5.
Changes since 1.8
Podcast Manager 2.0 has been in development for nearly six months and greatly improves the existing features as well as adds additional features and compatibility with the core Joomla! system. The change list includes:
- New Features
- Adds multi-database compatibility (can be installed on SQL Server and PostgreSQL as well as MySQL)
- Improves use of Joomla! ACL, often requested by site owners with multiple feeds per site
- Improved component router for better SEF URLs
- Revised content plugin to allow for future additional per-item customization (customization planned for Beta release)
- External libraries updated to latest versions
- Improved user notification of errors
- Added option for a boilerplate text for podcasts within a feed
- Smart Search plugins added
- Adds a new plugin type to customize the default media path (distributed plugin appends logged in username when enabled)
- Bug Fixes
- Fixes the often reported RSS validation issues
Supports only Joomla! 2.5
This release of Podcast Manager is only available for Joomla! 2.5. Earlier versions of Joomla! are not supported.
Upgrade from Previous Releases
Users who have elected to see Alpha level releases via the Live Update version check will see an option to update to this release on the Podcast Manager dashboard. Otherwise, users will need to download the package from this site.
Need Additional Support?
Documentation about Podcast Manager is available on this site in the Podcast Manager section. This area includes information about the suite, a description of the various configuration options, a method to subscribe for e-mail updates, and tutorials on various functions. If you don't see something here that you think would be beneficial for all users, feel free to Contact Me with your suggestion.
Future development is user based primarily. If there are features that are desired, please submit a feature request and it will be considered. As well, the code will strive to stay current with development practices and the Joomla! Platform so that the latest and greatest features are always available to the user in the simplest manner possible. If you have a bug to report or a feature to request, please submit those reports using the links provided in this article.
Support the Project
You can contribute to the project by visiting the space on GitHub at https://github.com/BabDev/Podcast-Manager and report bugs, provide patches for known issues, suggest new improvements, or download a working copy of the Git repository. As well, translations are being accepted for Podcast Manager. As part of the Open Translators initiative, Podcast Manager is listed on Transifex to accept community translations.
Download the newest posted release from the Latest Releases listing. Don't see this specific release listed? Check the Archived Releases listing for all of the installation packages that are available.