The first beta version of Tweet Display Back 1.2 is now available for download. Although the code is stable, since the upcoming version is still considered beta, it is NOT recommended for use on production sites. Please use Tweet Display Back 1.0 (for Joomla! 1.5) or 1.1 (for Joomla! 1.6) on production sites.
Version 1.2 of Tweet Display Back is designed only for Joomla! 1.6. Elements may be back ported into Tweet Display Back 1.0 for Joomla! 1.5 compatibility, however, these changes will be evaluated at a later time. Also please note that all information on this site is for the stable versions of Tweet Display Back; a new category of articles specific to this version will be made available once the stable release package is released.
Tweet Display Back 1.2 has undergone a thorough code overview and has been overhauled for a better user experience, presenting new features, templates, and more efficient code. Changes made between 1.1.10 and 1.2 Beta include:
- Pluralization handled via JText::plural
- Parameters reorganized into smaller groups for more efficient management
- Additional display options for each tweet
- Ability to use the "Follow Us" graphic from Twitter
- New templates
- Error reporting - A message will be displayed if the Twitter API limit has been reached or if PHP CURL is disabled to prevent any PHP errors
- Optional character separator parameter for tweets - Useful for a custom template with the tweet username and text on separate lines
Additional planned changes which have not been implemented yet include:
- Module Class Suffix option - Standard across the core Joomla! modules, this option will enable users to further customize their module's appearance without the need to modify distributed files
- PHP Strict code - Joomla!'s goal is to have PHP strict code; this module will move to meet that same goal
- Fix regex processing - Link handling can cause display errors if there is a @ or # symbol in the middle of the link
- Standardized CSS element names - Class and ID names are inconsistent; for example tweetavatarleft and tweet-left
Traditionally, beta software is feature frozen and is primarily for bug testing. However, not all tasks on the 1.2 Task List have been completed, so additional features are still possible with this version. Also, integration with Joomla! 1.6's one-click update process is disabled since this is not a production release.
If you would like to request additional features or report bugs, you may do so at the following locations:
For a full list of changes, please see the changelog.