Tweet Display Back 1.6 Beta is now available for download. This is the second beta release of the forthcoming version, previously versioned as 1.2. Although the code is stable, since the upcoming version is still considered beta, it is NOT recommended for use on production sites. Please use Tweet Display Back 1.0 (for Joomla! 1.5) or 1.1 (for Joomla! 1.6) on production sites.
Tweet Display Back 1.6 Beta is currently only Joomla! 1.6 compatible, however, will be backported to Joomla! 1.5 once development has finished.
Changes made between 1.2 Beta and 1.6 Beta include:
- User Request - Added a class for user and hash tag links
- Added a "Module Class Suffix" option to allow for greater design flexibility
- Standardized the CSS names
- Bug fix - Fully implemented previously announced character separator parameter
- Error reporting - Moved two critical checks to retrieving data from Twitter to execute before any data is requested
- Added !empty checks to all template elements to prevent rendering empty elements
Additional planned changes which have not been implemented yet include:
- PHP Strict code - Joomla!'s goal is to have PHP strict code; this module will move to meet that same goal
- Fix regex processing - Link handling can cause display errors if there is a @ or # symbol in the middle of the link
- Further error reporting improvements - Ensure that the "get limit" check is only run if it needs to be, so if cached data is pulled, this check isn't run
- Additional template(s) - One or two additional templates will be added
Traditionally, beta software is feature frozen and is primarily for bug testing. However, not all tasks on the 1.6 Task List have been completed, so additional features are still possible with this version. Also, integration with Joomla! 1.6's one-click update process is disabled since this is not a production release.
If you would like to request additional features or report bugs, you may do so at the following locations:
For a full list of changes, please see the changelog.