Tweet Display Back 1.5 and 1.6 Beta 2 are now available for download. This is the third beta release of the forthcoming version for 1.6 and the first release of the 1.5 back port. Although the code is stable, since the upcoming version is still considered beta, it is NOT recommended for use on production sites. Please use Tweet Display Back 1.0 (for Joomla! 1.5) or 1.1 (for Joomla! 1.6) on production sites.
Tweet Display Back has two versions that support Joomla! 1.5 and 1.6 respectively with the only differences being in how certain features are handled due to Joomla! API changes.
Changes made between 1.6 Beta and 1.6 Beta 2 include:
- User Request - Added the ability to display a list feed
- Partially resolved PHP Strict error messages
Additional planned changes which have not been implemented yet include:
- Finish resolving PHP Strict errors - Joomla!'s goal is to have PHP strict code; this module will move to meet that same goal
- Fix regex processing - Link handling can cause display errors if there is a @ or # symbol in the middle of the link
- Further error reporting improvements - Ensure that the "get limit" check is only run if it needs to be, so if cached data is pulled, this check isn't run
- Additional template(s) - One or two additional templates will be added
Traditionally, beta software is feature frozen and is primarily for bug testing. However, not all tasks on the 1.6 Task List have been completed, so additional features are still possible with this version. Also, integration with Joomla! 1.6's one-click update process is disabled since this is not a production release.
If you would like to request additional features or report bugs, you may do so at the following locations:
For a full list of changes, please see the changelog.