Today, I am pleased to release the stable versions of Tweet Display Back 1.5 and 1.6, the newest updates to this popular Twitter display extension for Joomla!. With this release, development and support of Tweet List Viewer are discontinued.
Tweet Display Back
Tweet Display Back is a Twitter display module for Joomla! designed to allow users to display a user or list feed on their site. Two separate but equal versions are maintained; 1.5 and 1.6 for Joomla! 1.5 and 1.6 respectively. Since the last release of Tweet Display Back 1.0 and 1.1 in January, numerous improvements have been made to the module. These changes include:
- Better error reporting - Previously, if the PHP cURL module wasn't enabled, it brought down your site. Now, the module checks for cURL and if it is not installed, it does not run.
- Improved data return - The rendered object has been optimized to only return the necessary data one time.
- Display user or list feeds - With Tweet Display Back, only a user feed could be rendered in the past. The module now includes the ability to render a user or a list feed.
- Better organization - The options have been reorganized into smaller groups, making it much easier to find and modify your settings.
- Uses Joomla! API (1.6 Specific) - With the changes in the Joomla! 1.6 framework, some code has been refactored to make use of these new features in the framework.
Joomla! 1.6 users can update their Tweet Display Back installation by using the Extension Manager's Update interface. Users upgrading from Tweet Display Back 1.0/1.1 will need to clear the module's cache and verify all parameters due to the reorganization that took place. If you have a customized template, you will need to update your template to match the new output.
For a full list of changes, you can look at the CHANGELOG for each version.
Tweet List Viewer
As previously announced, since the primary feature of Tweet List Viewer, the ability to display a Twitter list feed, has been merged to Tweet Display Back, support and development for this extension is hereby discontinued effective today. Users of Tweet List Viewer are highly encouraged to upgrade to the new Tweet Display Back version. Tweet List Viewer 1.1 users can use the Extension Manager's Update interface to download Tweet Display Back 1.6, after which, you can uninstall Tweet List Viewer if you so choose.